Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson Can’t Save His Dog Again, Little Puppy Dies After Eating Mushroom

Every superhero has a weakness, and for The Rock that weakness is mushrooms. But before we tell you about the deadly mushroom, let’s first remind you what happened earlier this month. Some of you probably remember seeing our post, but if you didn’t, you can click here to check it out.

Basically, the movie star adopted two French Bulldogs over Labor Day weekend, and one of the puppies named Brutus had some final destination sh-t following him around. His first day at his new home he almost drowned in the pool, but thankfully Johnson was there to save him.

He posted the happy photo you see below…

And then a few days after this rescue, Brutus had to be rushed to the St. Francis Emergency Animal Hospital because, as The Rock put it, he had “that awesome north/south action coming out of both ends.” But thankfully, Brutus survived once again.

For a few weeks, things were looking up, but then death finally hit Brutus. No one could stop it this time. Mr. Johnson posted the emotional photo and message to his Instagram account recently. Explaining how Brutus had to be taken off life support after he ate a deadly mushroom…


As all puppies and dogs do, he ate a mushroom while playing outside with his brother Hobbs. This mushroom happened to have a lethal toxicity and within hours it was rapidly destroying his liver and immune system to the point of no return. What looks innocent, can be deadly to your lil’ family members.”

Poor little guy. He had a taste of the greatest life possible: being the pet of one of the biggest superstars in the world. If there is some magical pup heaven (spoiler alert: there’s not) at least Brutus can brag about that.