Dana Carvey’s Son Dex Has Passed Away After Accidental Drug Overdose
Some heartbreaking news to share today. Dana Carvey’s eldest son, Dex, died on Wednesday (Nov. 15) after what appears to be an accidental drug overdose. He was just 32-years-old.
Carvey, perhaps best known for his work on Saturday Night Live, and his wife Paula issued an emotional statement on their son’s passing.
Last night we suffered a terrible tragedy. Our beloved son, Dex, died of an accidental drug overdose. He was 32 years old. Dex packed a lot into those 32 years. He was extremely talented at so many things — music, art, film making, comedy — and pursued all of them passionately. Dex was a beautiful person. His handmade birthday cards are a treasure. Will will miss him forever.
As you can imagine, Carvey is taking this death very hard. You never want to lose a child. He has posted multiple comments on Twitter and shared several photos.
He also shared the message, “F**k the tabloids. This is my boy.”
Fuck the tabloids. This is my boy. pic.twitter.com/MoNIzG1M0b
— Dana Carvey (@danacarvey) November 16, 2023
According to TMZ, Dex was found dead inside his home by paramedics after receiving a call from his worried girlfriend at around 10 at night.
Dex had locked himself in the bathroom and was unresponsive when authorities discovered him. Paramedics reportedly tried to revive him, but to no avail.
Our thoughts go out to his friends and family. What an awful tragedy.